Very delayed, but thank you to Kara @ Bernard’s Book Blog for nominating me for The Mystery Blogger Award. This was the first time I had been tagged in something like this before and I wasn’t sure how to approach it because I haven’t communicated with that many other bloggers yet! (That is something I definitely want to work on).
Maggie @ Okoto Enigmas Blog created the “Mystery Blogger Award” as a way to showcase different blogs that haven’t been discovered yet.
So what exactly is it?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Facts about Alexis:
- I have an addiction to collecting pens and wearing (horizontal) stripes. I’ve pretty much forbidden myself from purchasing anymore striped shirts and pens for a while, but I doubt that’ll last (considering I purchased a new pack of TomBow pens last night from Paper Source –the twin tone dual tip markers are AMAZING).
- I have an 11 month old kitten named Harper. My boyfriend and I adopted her during the baseball playoffs last year – She was originally named Giracha (??), but we were listening to the playoffs on the radio and they mentioned Bryce Harper and we had almost an immediate epiphany that she needed to be named Harper.
- If I ever had to choose a last meal, I would want chicken fingers, chicken wings and curly fries with cajun seasoning and medium buffalo sauce. (tbh, I want it for every meal).
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever used as a bookmark?
I stopped reading for a long time, so I don’t quite remember what I used to use as bookmarks. Now I only have two things that I use as a bookmark. The first is a business card from my favorite locally owned bookstore in Tampa, FL. The second is a gift-tag from Paper Source that has my name written on it really beautifully.
- If you had to tattoo one line/image/reference to one book somewhere on your body, what would that line/image/reference be and where would you get it tattooed?
One of my favorite concepts in life is “Do Good.” If you’re a Boy Meets World fan, you totally get it. I stumbled across a similar quote in Jodi Picoult’s Small Great Things earlier this year. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” This spoke to my soul. I think it would be cool to get a tattoo with the words ‘Small Great Things’ as a reminder than even small things can leave a big impact.
- If you lived in the ocean, which sea creature would be your bff? (I guess this would be the weird one, haha)
An seahorse, for no good reason other than I think they’re neat.
- What’s your dream job, and what are you doing to work towards the goal of obtaining that job?
I’m one of those kids that doesn’t have a *dream* job. I have lots of ideas of what I want to do with my life — most of them are very conflicting with one another, but there is not one singular job that I have to have in my lifetime. Working in intelligence would be awesome, but so would working in a library and helping people develop their skills. I love working with people and talking and designing things. I have lots of love to share with the world. I’m working towards my goals by taking the opportunities that I find. I’ll sell hot dogs or greeting cards in order to keep my life afloat. My dream is to live a happy and healthy life.
- Would you ever want to travel into space? Why or why not?
I think that this is the easiest question you posed, Kara! I would absolutely love to travel into space. If you’ve read other parts of my blog, you know I that I love things that make us scary science fiction movies/novels like emerging infectious diseases, biological and chemical weapons, etc. (IT’S JUST SO INTERESTING). So my main reason for wanting to travel into space would be to see if these things would have a big impact in the outside world and not just in our atmosphere.
I want to leave my nominations open because as I mentioned before I haven’t communicated with a lot of different bloggers and I’m still trying to figure out how to find other book bloggers!
However, I invite all of you to participate and answer the questions in a post of your own!
- If you could live in any childhood story, which one would you live in and why?
- When you are eating chicken, beef, pork, etc., which part of the animal do you think you’re eating? (Weird one – based off a real like brain moment going holy cow!!)
- What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
- What age do you wish you could permanently be?
- (Copying from Kara, because I loved it) If you had to tattoo one line/image/reference to one book somewhere on your body, what would that line/image/reference be and where would you get it tattooed?
My best post: I’ve only been at this for a couple months, but I think my best blog post was My Top Ten Books that take place outside the United States. Check it out and let me know what you think!