Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic: Longest Books I’ve Read
I really started to track my reading in January 2017. I have a spreadsheet for each year where I track many different details about the books that I’ve read. One of those big details is the number of pages in each novel – so this was an easy question for me! I was surprised by the number of books that I read that had 400+ pages. I had seven other books that were above that range too!
10. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson (645 pages)
9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (550 pages)
8. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman (496 pages)
7. The Circle by Dave Eggers (493 pages)
6. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult (480 pages)
5. American Sniper by Chris Kyle (448 pages)
4. Second Glance by Jodi Picoult (448 pages)
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (444 pages)
2. American Assassin by Vince Flynn (435 pages)
1. The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni (434 pages)
Surprisingly, I enjoyed every single one of these longer novels. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was probably my favorite; The Book Thief was my least favorite.
- Looking at your list of books from this week, were there any of them that just dragged on forever? Do you have that “when is this going to end?!?!” feeling?
I have definitely read some books that I wish would’ve ended way sooner, but luckily none of them made this list!
- Have you read any of the longest books? Do any of them appear on your TBR? Post your link below so I can see your top ten!