Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic: Backlist Books that I Want to Read
I think everyone has their own definition of “Backlist Book.” For me a backlist book is one that I’ve been meaning to read. Some of them I borrowed from the library, but I just didn’t get to them before their due date. Some of them were requested from NetGalley, but then I fell off the reading wagon and just never made ARCs a priority (whoops). And quite a few are the books I’ve been staring at for many years collecting dust on my bookshelf.
Let me present you with my collect of backlisted books that I should read in 2019 (is it too early for me to start my plan year?)
- Three Little Lies by Laura Marshall (NetGalley ARC)
- The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff (NetGalley ARC)
- A Land Remembered by Patrick D. Smith (Loaned from library but ran out of time – Suggested by Michael’s mom)
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
What book do you keep forgetting to read?