Last year I hoped onto the MoviePass train. Full steam ahead, I loved it. Originally I could see any movie that I wanted to, as many times as I wanted to see it for a yearly flat rate. As many people know MoviePass completely flopped in the later half of 2018 — it became more strict, had limitations, changed their rules of viewing, etc. It was a pain in the butt. Slowly but surely I stopped using MoviePass and I missed going to the movie theater on a random Tuesday evening. It was nice to have an activity to do outside the house that wasn’t costing an additional amount of money every week.
So in late December, being fed up with MoviePass and searching for something new, we found out about AMC Stubs A-List. It has been INCREDIBLE. Similar to MoviePass, I can see any movie that I want – and it started out with a limitation of 3 movies a week, which works out great because I can’t watch that many movies in a week (I’ve only used all three once!). I can also watch movies in any of the 600+ AMC theaters across the United States.
So far it’s been a truly awesome experience and I’ve seen SO many movies that I likely wouldn’t have seen otherwise.
- Aquaman – December 30, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – January 1, 2019
- Vice – January 5, 2019
- Ralph Breaks the Internet – January 9, 2019
- Mary Poppins Returns – January 19, 2019
- Glass – January 27, 2019
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part – February 9, 2019
- What Men Want – February 10, 2019
- Isn’t It Romantic – February 17, 2019
- Fighting With My Family – February 21, 2019
- A Star Is Born Encore – March 2, 2019
- Captain Marvel – March 7, 2019
- Green Book – March 9, 2019
- Us – March 22, 2019
- Five Feet Apart – April 6, 2019
- Shazam! – April 10, 2019
- Pet Sematary – April 22, 2019
- Avengers: End Game – April 25, 2019 (upcoming!!)
So as you can see, I watch on average one new movie every week! I made a goal back in January to see 30 new movies during 2019. This goal was to include other movies that were released in the past that I just never took the time to see, but I’m going to hit 30 new movies released in 2019 which is pretty neat to me.
Does anyone else use AMC Stubs A-List? How many movies have you seen so far this year?